Pumpkin Muffins

Wednesday 30 December 2015



I had a little pumpkin remaining from the autumn harvest, so after pureeing it I found a lovely little recipe for Pumpkin Muffins, and changed it round a bit to suit me.

( If you don't have a fresh pumpkin, you can buy tinned pumpkin puree! (but not very easily in Ireland ->>> where to buy tinned pumpkin in Ireland )
I guess some of us will have to wait til next year to get to try this recipe again!)


Ingredients:
1⁄2 cup of raisins, soaked in warm water for a few minutes
1 1⁄2 cups of wholemeal flour
1⁄2 cup of brown sugar (I used light brown sugar)
1 tsp cinnamon
1⁄2 tsp all spice
1⁄4 tsp ground nutmeg
1⁄4 tsp ginger
3⁄4 tsp baking powder
1⁄2 tsp baking soda
1⁄2 tsp salt
2 eggs
3⁄4 cup pumpkin puree
1⁄2  cup vegetable oil (I used sunflower, but any oil is fine)
1⁄2 cup of honey
Handful sunflower/pumpkin seeds for sprinkling over the top.



As I was using fresh pumpkin, I had to make my pumpkin puree first. I peeled and chopped the pumpkin and cooked in the microwave for about 10 minutes. Alternatively you can roast the pumpkin for about an hour until soft and gooey. Once cooked I pureed the pumpkin in a blender until smooth, transferred to a bowl and cooled.


Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Grease a 12 muffin tray and line with paper cases or use silicone cases.

In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients: the wholemeal flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt. Stir until well mixed.

Make a hollow/well in the centre of the dry ingredients and to this add the eggs, the oil, the pumpkin puree and the honey.

Mix well.

Drain the water from the raisins, Soaking allows them to plump up. Add the plump raisins to the bowl and mix well.

Divide the mixture equally between 12 muffin cases, so they should be about 2/3 full. 

Sprinkle the tops with a few pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds.

Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven.

Cool in the muffin tray before removing and enjoying.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS