Places to Visit in Ireland #1 ~ The North East Coast

Wednesday 3 February 2016



1. The Giants Causeway
Often called the 8th Wonder of the World, The Giant's Causeway is one of Northern Ireland's most famous Natural Attraction! The gorgeous, unique landscape was formed millions of years ago by a volcanic eruption. I visited on a cold and stormy December day, so the sea was wild and foamy, but the brisk walk from the car park down the sea was absolutely gorgeous and kept me from freezing!




If you are in the area, it's a must-visit, definitely a place worth ticking off the bucket list! It makes for great photos and a great experience.



2. Dunluce Castle


Dunluce Castle is a beautiful medieval castle, featuring the remains of the old town within it's walls! I visited here on my way to the Giant's Causeway, as it's along the coastal road. Unfortunately I didn't have time to pay in to look around inside the walls, but I did have time to take the steps down and  to the sea and under the bridge, and the castle was so impressive, towering above the sea and jutting up from the cliffs it is built on!



If you are interested in exploring old ruins and the history of an area, then this is a great addition to a day out!!



3. Old Bushmills Distillery


I was never a whiskey fan, but I decided to do the Bushmills Distillery Tour and I must admit, i can definitely appreciate it now. As we waited for the tour our group got a complimentary hot whiskey. The tour featured a 45 minute tour of the distillery, including the history and processes involved in the distilling of 'the Spirit of Ireland'. After the tour you hand in your ticket to receive a complimentary whiskey, or if you don't drink alcohol, a drink of your choice from their selection (Coke. Fanta, etc.). I think the tour is very impressive and exploring the factory is a great way to spend an hour, or two! The tickets are reasonably priced I thought, at £6 for a student, and a little bit more for an adult. After the tour is finished the gift shop is worth looking through and The 1608 Bar is open for service!!



I definitely recommend visiting all of these attractions! They made for a great weekend.

I hope you enjoyed this post, as it will be the first of many! Comment below and let me know if you've visited any of the above, or if there is anywhere else on the North-East coast you would recommend visiting!!


4 comments:

  1. I've always fancied visiting the Giant's Causeway and now you've added a couple of other places on to my list too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully I can add even more places to your list in my next travel post! Thanks Nikki-Ann :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look amazing! Incredible photos :) xx
    www.chasingbelle23.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Georgia!That means a lot coming from you as your photos are always on point!!! xo

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS