Blueberry, Banana and Courgette Muffins

Friday 2 September 2016



I had so many courgettes growing this year, and as always so many have gone to waste! I spent ages looking for yummy new ways to eat them, both sweet and savoury! I came across a recipe and changed it around to suit myself. Yes, it's still delicious. These are my Blueberry, Banana and Courgette Muffins. So simple to make and full of hidden fruit and vegetables, making them great for fussy children!






What you need:
150g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
50g light brown sugar
1 egg
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
100g blueberries
100g courgette grated



Method:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Spray the muffin tray with Frylite cooking spray. *sidenote below*
3. In a bowl, sieve together the dry ingredients (the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon).
4. In a large bowl add the mashed bananas, brown sugar, egg and melted coconut oil. Stir well to mix and then add the dry ingredients to this large bowl of wet ingredients. Stir until all ingredients are combined.
5. Add the courgette and fold into the mixture.
6. Add the blueberries and fold, ensuring they are evenly dispersed.
7. Fill the muffin cases until 3/4 full, and then bake for 20-25 minutes. (Test the muffins with a toothpick, ensuring it comes out clean).
8. Cool the muffins on a wire rack and enjoy!


* sidenote: I used to swear by silicon cases for baking, but in my last few bakes I feel like the silicon has giving a plastic taste to my muffins and buns, so I probably will no longer be recommending them *

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS